POST PREGNANCY CONFESSION

07/27/12


It has been in this past year of major life transitions that I truly came to understand the full power and support of this practice and way of approaching life.


On June 17, 2010 I became a first-time mother at age 38 and three months later I became a step-mother of a 9 year old. Life transitions such as these have a way of revealing what most deeply supports us and guides us.

The Alexander Technique is a very powerful tool for getting through challenging times and difficult situations.  During my pregnancy, I had no lower back pain and I was able to maintain good posture most of the time.
I had a natural, vaginal, no-pain killer,  drug-free delivery.  The entire process lasted almost 24-hours, during which I could at times remember to use the Alexander Technique, grounding me in who I am!  This past year I dealt with  constant demands and changes.  I confess, I got tired, stressed and at times I cried. Definitely, giving birth and becoming a mother is a most incredible rite of passage.  By the time my son turned 1-year old  I had recovered from the challenging adaptations to motherhood, to be fully able to appreciate motherhood's joys.
Undoubtedly, after child-birth and until today the Alexander Technique was, and is, essential for my well-being.

Some benefits attained from this Technique are similar to other self-help techniques, such as:  expanded awareness (thoughts, feelings, attitudes, or habits of living); control over unwanted reactions (pause between stimulus and response); better posture, decrease of tension, relief of pain/discomfort and general well-being.

The difference from other methods is that the Alexander technique works on the relationship among body, thoughts and feelings simultaneously. Whether for healing or enhanced well-being this deep and multi-layered approach is a subtle yet profound experience.   Through Alexander Technique lessons the student is the active agent of his or her changes, becoming increasingly free and self-sufficient, no longer requiring the "external" teacher to practice effectively.

Lessons range from those simply interested in self-knowledge to those with intention of recovering from a physical or psychological discomfort.

I invite you to take this opportunity to explore  the Alexander Technique and its benefits. 

Through this practice you will know yourself better and be able to achieve major  improvements, as you make new choices for yourself.   Your life skills, on all levels will continuously improve through making use of the Alexander Technique.



Deborah Bayardino George
Alexander Technique Teacher

AmSAT Certified

503.753.6436

www.deborahbayardino.com


"You translate everything, whether physical, mental or spiritual, into muscular tension." 
F.M. Alexander